Include Intervention through de-escalation and conflict mediation methods and Programs encompassing a wide variety of activities, showing youth new opportunities and teaching new skills. Both services work together to address violence before and after it happens, as well as trauma experienced by victims of gun violence. As well as trainings in intervention and program construction.
Our street team are uniquely qualified for their positions having lived through gun violence themselves, or have had family members become victims—they're driven to make change in the communities they care about. All team members are trained in Conflict Resolution by our partner Peace Ed, and are aware of CBT methods in their day to day interactions.
- Risk Reduction
- Conflict Mediation
- Cognitive Behavioral Treatment (CBT)
Measured by upfront intakes, periodic assessments of interactions and community engagement
- Lower numbers of homicides and GSW
- Less youth incarcerated
- More positive mentors for youth
- Positive lifestyle changes - reduction in negative behaviors
- Access to needed resources, such as therapy, food, or employment